Upper Gastro Intestinal (Upper GI) Cancers
This page provides details of NCIN's work on upper GI cancer and the Upper GI Site Specific Clinical Reference Group (SSCRG). This group covers cancers of the oesophagus, stomach, small intestine, pancreas (including duodenum and ampulla) and liver (including primary and secondary liver cancers, bile duct and gall bladder).
The Chair of the UGI SSCRG is Mr William Allum, Consultant Upper GI Surgeon, The Royal Marsden Hospital, London.
NCIN (London) support the SSCRG's analytical work programme and lead on requests for data on upper GI cancers.
NCIN publications on Upper GI cancers
The following NCIN Publications focus on Upper GI cancers.
- Relative survival in Upper gastrointestinal (UGI) cancer patients in England, by socioeconomic deprivation
- Age-standardised incidence rates, one-and five year survival, all patients diagnosed with upper gastrointestinal cancers, England
- OG Regional Pilot BCOC Interim Eval Report July 15
- Re-organisation of oesophago-gastric cancer services in England and Wales: a follow-up assessment of progress and remaining challenges
- One-year relative survival rates for pancreatic cancer in Great Britain, 1995-2009
- Upper GI SSCRG Data Quality Report
- Variation in incidence of primary liver cancer between ethnic groups, 2001-2007
- One-year relative survival rates for patients diagnosed with cancer of the oesophagus, stomach, primary liver, gallbladder, biliary tract and pancreas in England, 1985-2009
- Variation in incidence of oesophageal cancer subgroups between ethnic groups in England
- Variation in incidence of oesophageal and gastric cancers between ethnic groups
- Incidence and survival of ampulla of Vater and duodenal cancers
- Quality of the national upper gastrointestinal cancer dataset
- Trends in incidence of primary liver cancer subtypes
- Incidence of stomach cancer in England, 1998-2007
- Incidence of oesophageal cancer in England, 1998-2007
- Is pancreatic cancer becoming more common in the young?
- Geographic Variation in cancer of the lower oesophagus (December 2010)
- Geographic Variation in primary liver and gall bladder cancer (December 2010)
- Data quality and completeness report: Upper GI Cancers